SeaSucker Mini Bomber Fork Mount Bike Rack – 2 Bikes – BM2006
199 in stock
FREE SHIPPING !
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- No Hassle Refunds
- Secure Payments
SeaSucker Mini Bomber Rack – 2 Bikes
Mini Bomber comes standard with our Universal Huske Fork Mount upgrade, with 9mm plugs and quick release skewer. The Mini Bomber is SeaSucker’s most versatile model. This 2-bike fork-mount rack is designed to attach to your car’s roof, trunk, or your SUV’s back glass. The HDPE body flexes to conform to your car’s curves. With four 6” SeaSucker vacuum mounts, this rack has plenty of muscle. Fits on virtually any car. Minimal assembly required.
What is a SeaSucker?
Let’s get one thing out of the way: SeaSuckers are vacuum mounts, not suction cups. There’s a big difference between the two.
First, each 6” SeaSucker vacuum mount is pull rated at over 210 lbs. Each 4.5” SeaSucker is pull rated at over 120 lbs. We’d like to see a suction cup that could pack that kind of punch.
Suction cups also lack one incredibly important safety feature: the indicator band. SeaSucker’s orange indicator band begins to appear once the vacuum mount loses some of its suction, letting you know it’s time to re-pump well before it detaches.
Lastly, unlike suction cups, there’s no licking required, unless you’re into that sort of thing, and that’s cool – we don’t judge.
- Holds 2 bicycles – up to 45 lbs each.
- Made for roof top, trunk or hatchback attachment.
- Attaches to metal, glass or fiberglass surfaces.
- 3/4” thick high-density polyethylene (HDPE) body for strength and durability.
- Two HUSKE Universal fork mounts with 9mm plugs.
- Additional plug sizes are available for purchase.
- SeaSucker 6′ vacuum mounts on body (Each cup is pull-rated for 210 lbs).
- Size: Approx. 27” x 8” footprint.
- Weight: Approx. 12 lbs.
What’s in the box
- Mini Bomber 2-Bike Rack
- (2) Universal Fork Mount with 9mm plugs.
- (2) Rear Wheel Straps 22 inches (can accommodate most fat bike tires).
- Spare SeaSucker pump.
- (2) Crank Arm Straps (prevents pedals from contacting roof).
- 5g Lube Tube for vacuum pump maintenance.
Not sure what size HUSKE plugs you need? Click here for our PDF guide
The Do’s & Don’ts of your SeaSucker Rack:
- Clean the vacuum pads and the car before attaching your rack.
- Do the recommended maintenance on the rack, as needed.
- Make sure the orange indicator bands are not visible before you leave.
- Check that your bike is secure in the fork mount.
- Mount bikes backwards, sideways, or at an angle.
- Use your rack if any of the vacuum mounts are not working properly.
- Attach your rack to part of the car that flexes easily.
- Attach the rack over decals or on a wrapped vehicle.
So how does the SeaSucker vacuum mount work?
A SeaSucker vacuum mount relies on two important components to create its powerful seal: the vacuum pad and the vacuum pump.
The vacuum pump evacuates all of the air out from underneath the vacuum pad, which forms the seal. Working together, these two pieces give the SeaSucker vacuum mount its incredible strength.
To attach, apply a little downward pressure to ensure that the entire edge of the mount is touching the surface. Then, simply press the pump repeatedly until the orange indicator band completely disappears.
To remove, lift the edge of the vacuum pad away from the surface by pulling either of the tabs on the top of the vacuum pad up and towards the center of the vacuum mount. You’re really just trying to lift the edge of the vacuum pad up off the mounting surface, which breaks the seal and lets you remove your rack.
Does your car have a metal or glass roof? It fits.
SeaSucker is all about versatility. Our racks are made to fit virtually any car. They can be mounted to both glass and metal, meaning the possibilities of where to mount and what cars you can use are practically endless – just don’t mount your bikes backwards, sideways, or at an angle.