SeaSucker Talon Fork Mount Bike Rack – 1 Bike – BT1004
199 in stock
FREE SHIPPING !
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- No Hassle Refunds
- Secure Payments
SeaSucker Talon Rack – 1 Bike
What is a SeaSucker?
Let’s get one thing out of the way: SeaSuckers are vacuum mounts, not suction cups. There’s a big difference between the two.
First, each 6” SeaSucker vacuum mount is pull rated at over 210 lbs. Each 4.5” SeaSucker is pull rated at over 120 lbs. We’d like to see a suction cup that could pack that kind of punch.
Suction cups also lack one incredibly important safety feature: the indicator band. SeaSucker’s orange indicator band begins to appear once the vacuum mount loses some of its suction, letting you know it’s time to re-pump well before it detaches.
Lastly, unlike suction cups, there’s no licking required, unless you’re into that sort of thing, and that’s cool – we don’t judge.
- Holds 1 bicycle – up to 45 lbs
- Made for roof top, trunk or hatchback attachment
- Attaches to metal, glass or fiberglass surfaces
- 1/2” thick high-density polyethylene (HDPE) body for strength and durability
- One HUSKE Universal fork mount with 9mm plugs and quick release skewer (additional plug accessories are available for thru axle bikes)
- Approx. 15” x 13” footprint
- Approx. 6 lbs
What’s in the box
- Talon 1-bike rack with HUSKE Universal Fork Mount, 9mm plugs, and skewer
- (1) 22 inch Rear Wheel Strap with 6′ SeaSucker Vacuum Mount
- 5g Lube Tube for vacuum pump maintenance
- Spare vacuum pump
- Crank Arm Strap
Not sure what size plugs you need? Click here for our PDF guide
The Do’s & Don’ts of your SeaSucker Rack:
- Clean the vacuum pads and the car before attaching your rack.
- Do the recommended maintenance on the rack, as needed.
- Make sure the orange indicator bands are not visible before you leave.
- Check that your bike is secure in the fork mount.
- Mount bikes backwards, sideways, or at an angle.
- Use your rack if any of the vacuum mounts are not working properly.
- Attach your rack to part of the car that flexes easily.
- Attach the rack over decals or on a wrapped vehicle.
So how does the SeaSucker vacuum mount work?
A SeaSucker vacuum mount relies on two important components to create its powerful seal: the vacuum pad and the vacuum pump.
The vacuum pump evacuates all of the air out from underneath the vacuum pad, which forms the seal. Working together, these two pieces give the SeaSucker vacuum mount its incredible strength.
To attach, apply a little downward pressure to ensure that the entire edge of the mount is touching the surface. Then, simply press the pump repeatedly until the orange indicator band completely disappears.
To remove, lift the edge of the vacuum pad away from the surface by pulling either of the tabs on the top of the vacuum pad up and towards the center of the vacuum mount. You’re really just trying to lift the edge of the vacuum pad up off the mounting surface, which breaks the seal and lets you remove your rack.
Does your car have a metal or glass roof? It fits.
SeaSucker is all about versatility. Our racks are made to fit virtually any car. They can be mounted to both glass and metal, meaning the possibilities of where to mount and what cars you can use are practically endless – just don’t mount your bikes backwards, sideways, or at an angle.